Friday, March 1, 2013

GLAD THIS WEEK IS OVER!


This has been the busiest week in the IMC so far this year. The computers were in use everyday and nearly every period. Almost every Reading class come in for book checkout. I have done book talks on Accelerated Reader fiction books, Biographies and autobiographies, and themes for Romeo and Juliet. 
The 6th grade voted online through the I.P.A.C. for the 2013 Rebecca Caudill Young Readers Book Award. By the way, the winner here at Lakeview was Smile by Rayna Telgemeier. Second place went to Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper, and in third place was Dark Life by Kat Falls. I sent all of Lakeview's results to the state committee for tabulation. By mid-March we should hear which book is the official winner.

Next week will be much calmer since the students are taking the ISAT tests. Perhaps Mrs. Wilson and I will have time to work on new books again.